Friday, November 30, 2007

The Past

I must say the past couple of days have gone well. I have been essentially raw. By this I mean the only thing I had that wasn't raw were 2 small pieces of organic mozzarella cheese, and a little bit of Annies Goddes dressing. Other than that it's been good. Also, I've been exercising at least an hour a day, which is fantastic. I'm really happy about that and I can feel the difference.

Odd thing though.. .today I went into my work and had a salad and a beer with this server I'm friends with. She was working and it's her last day so I just took the opportunity to go hang with her for a little while. I can't believe the immediate difference. My gut feels really really heavy and full. I feel sort of dead from the food and really nasty from the beer. It's like instant depression. Oh well is all I can say. I'm glad I chose to see her though. She's been a lot of fun to chat with during my time at that job and has really made some nights worth even going in.

I hope to see her next fall when she's back from Spain and back at school.

This brings me to another topic. This is my last day at work. I sort of had this plan to go out in style, which is really what everyone else does. Then I started to think to myself. Why do I need to be like anyone else, like at all? I don't, nor do I really see the benefit of such behavior. Plus people at work keep having get togethers for people as they leave and I really can't see one happening for me. It's just not my or their thing to go and hang with yours truly, which is pretty darn normal when you consider the age gap between me and them. I'm 37 and they are all 20-26... not a whole lot in common there. They are just discovering life and I'm just busy being myself.

I think that's really the greatest thing about being 37 is the ability to be myself. I'm happy to do it.

No comments: